Fungi in your house produce toxic substances that are dangerous for your health. Keep your house dry and airing often is a absolute necessity. This the result of a study by Barbara Delmulle at Gent University where she studied the air inside buildings. The researcher found out that some fungi secrete substances that can cause cancer.
It has been know for longer already that ‘Sick Building Syndrome’ (SBS) can cause vague symptoms like irritation of the nose and eyes, headaches, dermatitis, listlessness and other symptoms. These symptoms are caused by staying in a building that has bad air quality and are often associated with fungus growth. So far no clear cause has been found for Sick Building Syndrome. This in contrast to other building related disease. Moisture in buildings has been associated with respiratory disorders. Mites are supposed to play a role in this, but fungi and bacteria as well.
Fungi produce mycotoxins or fungus toxins, which are very toxic substances which can cause infections and allergies. Almost all houses have problems with moist and growth of fungi, especially in high risk places like the bathroom, basement or washing place.
Next to isolation, it is of the utmost importance to air and to keep dry a house to prevent to growth of fungi.
Popularity: 12% [?]
Too tight jeans bad for health
Nicotine creates cancer causing substance
Bread crusts are healthier than the bread
Intestinal bacteria determine weight
Tomato special: the green poison
Young alcohol drinker often gets metabolic syndrome
Turn off the air conditioning and open a window